»

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Which Vinyl?

So, I am now picking out my floors...for the 3rd time.....that is if you don't count the times I actually changed my mind! :-) The building market has been pretty bad, and the last flooring company went out of business, so I was forced to go pick out flooring again.
My first choices of flooring were hardwood floor. Then I went to laminate because I couldn't justify the money on an investment condo. I now have decided to save even more money and go with vinyl. It isn't hardwood, but vinyl isn't what it use to look like...it looks pretty good!
So here is where you can help! I went to pick my flooring and saw a vinyl in a bathroom and thought it looked amazing......the problem is I can't picture in my mind what it would look like in a larger kitchen. The flooring guy told me it would look amazing...but I still am a bit cautious! So let me know what you think.....I really won't care if you love it or absolutely hate it. I just would like an outside opinion. ;-)




This is what will be going in the two bathrooms and laundry room (it is a little darker than my first choice).

7 comments:

Paula said...

OK here's my opinion. I like the marble looking vinyl. However, what do your countertops look like? If they are "busy" like the marble like vinyl, it might be too much. My counter tops look like granite and they are busy, but my floor is laminate wood. I HATE it. Just to make you feel better about the vinyl. I love the look but it is so hard to keep clean. If I were to do it over, I would have gone with tile or marble looking vinyl. You can come over and look at my house if you want ideas on counters, etc. My bathroom counters are different than my kitchen. I could never tell by the little swatches they provide. Everything I picked I had to actually go and see it in a model becasue I can not visualize anything. OK I'm rambling. We'll talk tomorrow. :) P.S. One last thought, the marble like vinyl has a more "rich" look.

Win said...

Thanks Paula! That helped a LOT! My Granite is BLACK with very slight hints of gray. At a distance it looks solid black....it really isn't until one looks close to it can you see the other colors. I think that is why I thought I needed a little bit more of a punch somewhere in my kitchen without it turning into Vegas ;-)

kindra Reid said...

I like both of your choices. I have never owned my own house, but I do know that the old vinyl was terrible to keep clean because of all the groves. I am not sure if it still is the same or not. But I like the look of both!

Ilene said...

Go for #1. It will look great in your kitchen and with your granite.

Ilene said...

Definitely don't go with #2. It is a good bathroom and laundry room look but not kitchen.

Michael said...

I do not like the first one for anything. The pattern is ok, but I hate the colors.

#2 is good for the bathrooms and service rooms.

Anonymous said...

I like both, but it all depends on what you are going for. The first one will definately set the tone for your decorating. The second one is more neutral. I have vinyl in my condo that is pretty busy, but I love it. It is the same one throughout my home. You can come and see it if you want.