Thursday, October 23, 2008
OH MY GOODNESS!!!
I invite a six grade class to come into my classroom twice a week to "buddy read" with my first graders. This has been a positive experience for my first graders, as well as for the sixth graders. Unfortunately, there are more sixth graders than there are first graders so I have about 5 "helpers" help me correct papers, check homework folders, etc. Well, today as we are checking homework folders a student turned to one of his friends and told him to be patient. The sixth grader quickly responded (NO JOKE), "Chill out, patients is a virgin!" Not a eye was batted. All five acted as if he spoke the truth and there was nothing to think twice about. WOW! Vocabulary needs to taught better in sixth grade!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's pretty sad! Did you correct him? I think I would have. I am making your cookies tonight! Yummy!
Oh my gosh that was fuuny! Kids are the BEST.
Post a Comment