
My sister Ilene has always made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies ever. Due to her talent, she was always "in charge" of making the cookies when we were in junior high and high school. I often used her recipe throughout college because it was/and is that great! Ilene's cookie recipe is AMAZING......love your cookies Ilene.....and if you would want her recipe you will need to ask her for it---it will be worth you asking (not my place to give out her recipe)....so please don't get me wrong when I share what I have discovered....
The year after I graduated from BYU, a friend of mine brought chocolate chip cookies into work. They were REALLY good....I was shocked that I was actually thinking that they were almost as good as Ilene's cookies---blasphemy I know, but true nonetheless. They were a bit different in taste, but also amazing. I asked her for her recipe. She said she made it up.....hey just like Ilene.
Well, one day I thought, I wonder what would happen if I combined the two amazing recipes.......WOW!!! is what I thought happened.......Scrumptious, out-of-this-world, mouth watering heaven burst upon my taste buds. They were as good as Ilene's cookies---I couldn't say better because one can't compare perfection with perfection...but you get my point.
Then a sad thing happened, I lost my recipe box. I thought for sure I would never be able to make my combo recipe again. Luckily, I found my recipe box a few months ago. I was so excited about finding the combo recipe that I immediately whipped up a batch of these wonderful cookies and brought them to school to celebrate the ending of my co-workers cancer treatment. My co-workers told me they thought they were great.
Then today, when I felt the urge to make chocolate chip cookies, I went to get my recipe box and couldn't find it. I searched for about 10 minutes before I found it. When I opened the box I thought, "I really ought to archive this recipe just in case I loose my recipe box again." So, below you will see my combo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that I love. I am only posting this recipe to archive it before I lose it again! ;-) Although, you are more than welcome to use it....as long as you let me know what you think of them!
It makes A LOT of cookies, but when I tried to 1/2 the recipe they did not turn out as well. You can freeze them (they freeze well) and "try" to make them last longer....but I have found that they are usually eaten too fast!
Happy eating to whomever feels the urge to make a scrumptious cookie!
Ilene and Gaylynn's Combo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe....and Winnie's favorite.
Combine and mix the following ingredients for 5 minutes (not optional)
1 1/4 cup shortening
1/2 butter (NOT MARGARINE)
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla (preferably Mexican Vanilla)
3 eggs
In a separate bowl, combine:
4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed items.
Stir in 2 bags of MILK chocolate chips (NOT SEMI-SWEET CHIPS)
Bake 375 for about 6-10 minutes (depends on where you live....I cook them for about 8-9 minutes)
DO NOT OVERCOOK! Light brown on the edges only ;-)

7 comments:
Yummy! There is nothing better than a good chocolate chip cookie recipe! My Grandma Dot made her cookies with shortening but noone can make them just like she did. Maybe Ilene's will taste like hers. I'll give it a try!
Are these the cookies you brought for Paula R. ? If so, they are the BEST! I'm excited to have the recipe. My kids don't know that you can actually make chocolate chip cookies from scratch. They think all cc cookie dough comes in a tub. :) I know, just pin me with the loser cookie mom. I'll repent when I make these awesome cookies. Thanks for sharing!
I like how you keep saying mine are perfect. You know I read your blog :)
I KNOW the "NOT MARGARINE" and "NOT SEMI-SWEET" lines are from me. Butter and milk chocolate makes all of the difference, I think.
Anyway, I think you can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes. I will have to try this one out for sure.
I am so excited to make these. I am at my parents for the week and my dad is begging me to make cookies!
I made these cookies last night. They were a big hit!!
Thanks for bringing some of these cookies to share with me! Super yummy :)
I'm in the mood to bake! I'm excited to try these. I always just make the recipe I got from Phoebe on Friends! "Nestle Tollhouse" lol Remember that one? lol lol lol Well I'm going to do it your way and see how they are. I agree with Jackie. Using shortening makes all the difference!
Post a Comment