I have to share this letter I received from a parent of one of my students. Upon reading this letter I found myself chuckling! I love the English language!
Miss Winward,
I would like to ask you to excuse (so-and-so)'s absence on the days of November 19th and 20th. He needed to stay home because of an elevated temperature and a general lack of well-being.
Thanks you for your understanding!
Sincerely,
(so-and-so)
I guess it would be appropriate to indicate that she is from Germany! I thought it was such a cute letter!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I totally think general lack of well-being is a valid excuse for missing school.
Oh, how I wish I could give myself a sick day.
actually that sounds like a note my mom would write.In high school she would occasionally allow us a "mental" day(often a PMS day) She said she would just write ill on there and it wasn't a lie because we weren't mentally well(i.e. we were mentally ill). Hmmm thinking about that now makes me sound like a bit of a wacko.
That is hilarious Nicole!
Post a Comment