Thursday, September 11, 2008
Oh Ye OF Little Faith
Ok, yesterday I was stuck in a dilemma. One of the cute little boys (in my class) came up to me and said, "Miss Winward, I prayed really hard this morning that we would have a sunny day and it isn't sunny." Now let me paint the picture better for you...we are in the middle of an "indoor recess" due to a major rainstorm. I sat their dumbfounded! What am I to say....especially in a classroom setting. I actually played dumb and said, "It isn't sunny?" By this time another child came up to ask him a questions and they both ran off together.....so now I am left to wonder.....should I tell his folks? Or let it be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wow! I wouldn't know what to say to this little boy. He is obviously a member of the church? I really don't know what I would say to him. I would probably say....,"Hmmm, maybe it's because we really need the rain"!!! Maybe you could just casually tell his parents about it! You have such a curious bunch of kids this year!!! They have many questions for you! :)
A friend of mine said to tell the boy:
"Well the people that were praying for rain had a little more faith." I told him that I was glad he wasn't a teacher of small children!!!
I can't believe your friend said to tell the kid he didn't have enough faith. Too funny and horrible at the same time. As far as bringing it up with the parents...I say go for it. Sometimes you spend more time with the kids then the parents do. It will help them know what is going on in his sweet little head.
Post a Comment