»

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Church Assignments

They say callings are given to help you grow....in ways you wouldn't otherwise. I have to agree!

Some callings have placed me in situations I would never choose to be! Luckily, I can say that I am grateful for each experience (although, I would not ask to relive some of them!!!).



Some callings have required me to stretch my understandings and make me wonder what and why? Often the most challenging questions have been during primary or when teaching the youth in Sunday School.



And some of my callings have left me wondering if my message or intent was really understood.


Either way.....I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to serve. I am grateful for church members who look past my imperfections, and allow me to stumble in my callings, as I try to fulfill them! I am definitely learning as I go, but learning is the key word.

The Church of Jesus Christ is definitely true......to have untrained, unpaid and flawed people fulfill the leadership roles within the church and still have it flourish is a testimony in it self of its truthfulness! I am grateful to be a part of it, it brings such peace and hope in my life!

Like I said before, callings are given to help you grow....in ways you wouldn't otherwise. I have to agree.....now, if only I can learn how to love each and every one of them I am asked to fulfill! ;-)

No comments: