»

Saturday, April 5, 2008

What goes around...comes around!

Well, I should have thought twice when teaching my students about April Fools Day! Friday, I went to pick my students up from recess. While walking at the end of the line a co-worker stopped me to ask me a question. After answering the question I quickly walked into my classroom to find my stool (a bar stool that I usually have at the front of my classroom) placed at my reading table and my reading table chair missing. The stool of course looked extremely silly, since it towers over the desk. I look around the room and see no evidence of my chair. By this time my class is laughing at my shocked face. I then look around and asked what happened. They of course (not that I taught them how to do this or anything) said they had no idea. I then asked if one of the other teachers came in and took my chair. Not surprisingly, a lot of my students lied and said yes (should never had allowed them to lie on April Fools Day). Then the whole class started to laugh really loudly and a few boys retrieved my chair from a hidden corner in the room. "Miss Winward we tricked you!!!" was yelled out by many. I did laugh...they were so pleased with their trick and they really did get me!
So, moral of the story...don't teach children how to play April Fools jokes--or lie...it might come back and bite you in the butt!

No comments: