»

Friday, April 11, 2008

How cute my students are!

Ok, it has been a week of chair changing and laughter amongst my students. As ridiculous as it sounds, I was so touched today. I walked into the classroom, a few minutes before recess was to end, to find that my students had taken all of their chairs and had laid them on their backs and under their desks. They also removed my teaching chair (again) and replaced it with a little child's seat. They had spent their entire recess transforming the classroom just to make me laugh. As I walked into the classroom it was such a sight! I wish I had had my digital camera. I couldn't hold back the laughter. I busted up laughing and the kids popped out from under their desks and laughed too. They were so pleased with themselves! They were so happy about being able to make me laugh! Their sweet sentiments were tangible! I reminded them AGAIN...."really guys only on April 1st"...but they just rolled their eyes as they quickly replaced my teaching chair. I can see their little brains already trying to think of another idea. I am going to miss this group of kids. They are so fun and full of life! Now, to just figure out how to get them to quit coming up with different ideas of how to switch my chairs around! Never teach kids things you don't want them to do to you!!!

3 comments:

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I'm particularly fond of one of your students. :) I asked her the other day if her class had been teasing you. She got a big grin on her face and said "How did you know?". I just told her I was very very smart!

Cynthia said...

that's so sweet that thy missed recess just to make you laugh!

nicole said...

HOw cute! I bet they will always remember the teacher who had a great sense of humor