»

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dandelions...


When I was finishing up a book on seeds, I noticed that the last page showed a picture of a child blowing on a dandelion. I asked my class if they could identify the seeds in the picture. After they properly identify the seeds, we discussed how seeds are dispersed. To solidify the concept of seed dispersal and what we had just discussed, I returned to the picture and asked them what the boy in the picture was actually doing (assuming of course they would say something on the lines of....moving the seeds, helping the seeds become plants, dispersing seeds, etc.)....but oh no, just as I finish the question, "What is the boy doing?" Andrew answers, "Creating more work for moms and dads!!!"
Who is teaching these kids....I could not keep a straight face! I laughed out loud! Boy, did he get the concept of seed dispersal!!
Moral of the story, if your lawn is swarming with dandelions, you might want to ask your child what they have been learning about at school!

3 comments:

The Meade's said...

Hi babe,
I got your blog address from Shar's page! How are you? It sure was fun to be with you on my mission for that short time. You really taugh me some important things that helpped me thought out my mission! Thanks - Anne-Marie (Utley)

Win said...

Ann!!! How are you! I haven't seen (or heard from) you since Belgium! Boy, do I miss the chocolate and being able to track the streets with you! We need to meet up and catch up!!!

Cynthia said...

i never used to let my kids blow the dandelions because they are truly the worlds curse for anyone with a lawn.

then my friend kelly said, 'aw some on, they're only kids once.' so now i let them. i just hope our neighbors put down weed killer.