Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Compensating Blessings
Compensating blessings have been a big part of my life. I call them compensating blessings because they are blessings the Lord has granted (I feel) in place of the blessings I have desired, prayed for and perhaps even fasted for but are unable to be fulfilled. I know the Lord wants us all to be happy. As happy as is possible. He also knows the laws that govern this life, the freedom of agency and the negative consequences that might occur even when granting a righteous desire. It is because of His perfect knowledge and love for us that the Lord provides many blessings, "compensating blessings" as I call them, to help uplift, sustain, improve and bless our lives. I have experienced many of these "compensating blessings" lately. One recently occurred to me today. I have been taking classes to get my ESL endorsement. I have completed two classes and have begun on my third. Last Wednesday the first day of the the 3rd class started. As the class began a girl walked in the room. I was shocked it was Kim. A girl who I know from California. Her sister and I are great friends. She knows my sister and I believe was in her ward. She also became great friends with mark. We quickly said hello before the class started and then exchanged phone numbers after class. Well, today we sat next to each other and started to chat. Unfortunately, like myself, Kim was married to someone who did not treat her the way they should have. Worst, she is still in the process of getting a divorce--months now. We ended up chatting for an hour after class. We talked about how ironic it was that Kim had only 1 ESL class left to take and was thrown into our group (the group I am in will be taking the entire 2 years worth of classes together). As I drove away I realized a "compensating blessing" that occurred. I have felt a little left out in the classes I am taking....the other teachers, for the most part, are taking the class as an entire school...so I have been the "lone man" out. Having Kim in the class is such a blessing. Also, since I have traveled the same divorce road as Kim is currently traveling...I should say I am just a bit ahead of her time wise is all....I feel we were/are able to share and support one another. Kim is an amazing individual and I am so grateful I have her to chat with and I hope that my knowledge and understanding of life might be of some benefit to her! I will always be so grateful for "compensating blessings" in my life.....at times they are even better than the blessings that were originally desired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hearing stories like this really disturb me. It makes me wonder what has happened to the real mean in America? Are they all so shallow now? Even where you expect to find solid men of virtue and strength there are found too many who are not. It bothers me!
Winnie, I applaud your strength and your positive attitude. Keep your chin up and your knees bent...the Lord will indeed compensate!
Thanks Mike! You're awesome!
Post a Comment