»

Sunday, March 21, 2010

So EMBARRASSED!

So, today I had my older brother Paul, his kids, and my sister-in-law's sister's husband, Trevor (who we consider family), over for dinner (My brother's wife and her sister are out of town, due to the passing of their grandfather).

I made barbecue roast, potatoes, cooked carrots, and salad.....a "typical" Sunday dinner. After dinner the kids and I had a wonderful time making a pineapple upside down cake (it turned out SO good--great job Nathan and Ilene!).

While the cake was cooking, everyone played games while I cleaned up. We had a blast and I was so grateful they came over and spent time with Shay and me......

So where does the embarrassment come in....well, right after everyone left I quickly started to clean up the rest of the dessert mess. When that was finished I went into my living room to take a load off my feet. As I was walking from my kitchen area to my living room area (a whopping 2 feet maybe), I looked over to see that the guest bathroom's door was ajar and that the blue 12X12 page that I had left Shay was still sitting on my toilet!

"NO!!! NO, NO, NO!!!" I yelled out loud.


Shay immediately asked me what was wrong. I told him and he just chuckled! He then assured me that only Ilene used the guest bathroom that night (Ilene is my 8 year old niece)....but I am not sure! Either way, I still feel SO embarrassed!

Why do I feel embarrased? What does this blue page say? Well, let me give you a little bit of background about me.

I don't like dirt or filth of any kind in my home
.....a bit of clutter is different---but dirt--NO WAY!!!!


Therefore, when it comes to my house,
I have to have it clean-clean or I start to go NUT!




This became a big adjustment for me when I got married. Don't get me wrong, Shay is not a mess at all, it's just that......

boys think differently


then girls do!



During the first few months of our marriage Shay was unemployed and stayed home during the day looking for work. During the day, instead of walking the 50 steps it would take him to get to the master bathroom, Shay would use our guest bathroom that was located only 5 feet from his office (logical I know--but bad for me). This became very annoying to me.

Why? Well, with him using the guest bathroom I had two problems;

First, I would have to weekly clean two bathrooms instead of one....

Secondly, I would find the typical guy problem---the seat being left up in both bathrooms!!!! UGH!!!!

Nothing is worst then knowing that you'd forgotten to double check your guest bathroom before guests have arrived and then realizing they would have to put the seat down themselves! To me that is worst than death (sorry if you have been one of them)!

To combat this problem.......about a month and a half ago......after repeatedly trying to remind Shay how much I hated to clean two bathrooms......I wrote the following love note to him on a 12X12 bright blue scrapbook paper and placed it on the guest's toilet seat.


"It takes more cleaner, effort, & time to clean two bathrooms then it does to walk to the other bathroom.....not to mention the wearing down of more towels, etc. Just a thought! With love!"

This note had been a blessing, at least I thought....

Because, to my knowledge, Shay hasn't remove it and now proceeds to the master bathroom (or at least he puts the seat back down and covers it back up with the paper). Don't worry, I still weekly check to see if the bathroom needs to be cleaned....and from inspection Shay has successfully stayed away--yippy!

Unfortunately, today I had completely forgotten about the note and instead of removing it before my guests arrived, it was left out for all to see.

I AM SO EMBARRASSED!

First of all, because I didn't get the note removed....

Secondly, because at least one person had to remove the note and obviously replace it back on the seat out of fear.....UGH!

Thirdly, I really don't mind GUESTS using the bathroom.....I would hate for our guest to feel uneasy about using our guest bathroom.....

And last....because now everyone knows how dang anal I am about not having to clean two bathrooms--I am so lazy, I know!!


I guess the only good thing that has come out of this embarrassing moment is that Shay and I have had a good laugh (I hope you do too) and that you can all know that when you use my guest bathroom you are guaranteed a clean sanitary environment....




with or without a note letting you know how much I hate cleaning two bathrooms!



UGH--HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!


Oh, you gotta love life!













Disclaimer: Please don't think I have a perfectly clean home 24/7
----I do go nuts once in awhile!


No comments: