So, Wednesday Shay and I had my friend Jacquie and her family over for dinner. We had such a fun time chatting and playing games. Of course, Jacquie was so sweet to volunteer to bring a dessert. I assumed that since she has become the cake decorator extraordinaire--seriously, her cakes are breath taking--she would bring cake......but I was quickly corrected. Jacquie brought cupcakes instead.....in this case, very different. She told me that her hubby Matt is so sick of eating cake that she decided to make cupcakes instead. I was thrilled. They looked just like the picture above.....and when I actually sunk my teeth into one, I almost cried! Seriously, these babies are AMAZING! They taste like the old fashion cake recipe that my sister & sister-in-law love to make (which is heaven to eat!!!----Actually, I think a bit more moist).
Anyway, I wrote to Jacquie after I had eaten 3 in less than a 48 hour period (I need to workout ASAP) and begged for her to send me the recipe. Of course she sent it--and in my attempt to archive it within my yahoo account (she sent the email over facebook) I deleted it--UGH. I almost had a nervous break down. I quickly wrote Jacquie back twice within 12 hours and left a voice message trying to get her to forward the recipe to me again (I am not crazy--I don't think anyway).
So, now I have decided to archive it here on my blog so I can have it forever!!!! Seriously, beware of below recipe! There is NO way you can eat just one in 24 hours (unless you have fabulous self control unlike myself!). I have left a message on Jacquie's phone to see the exact amount of cocoa she added....because the frosting was to DIE for...and with all the fattening cheese, etc. in it I am sure I will eventually die from them! I want to make sure I can make them EXACTLY as I tasted them. Not obsessed or anything ;-)
Update: cocoa modifications are already inserted--Jacquie just called!
Winnie
Ok, here's a link to the recipe. Glad you liked them...it was my first time trying the recipe, so I was worried.
The frosting isn't that chocolate buttercream (although I bet it is GREAT).
This is the frosting recipe...
8 oz softened cream cheese
8 oz softened mascarpone cheese (italian cream cheese found in the specialty cheese area of the store)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 and 1/2 cup whipping cream.
Beat cream cheese and mascarpone cheese together until smooth. Add powdered sugar, cocoa, and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Add to cream cheese mixture and fold in.
I modified the frosting to make it chocolate. The original recipe calls for 1 cup of powdered sugar and no cocoa. It is delicious too.
Jacquie's modification: Take out 1/4 cup of the powder sugar and replace it with cocoa.
FYI: Because it has whipping cream in the frosting, it is best to frost right before serving. If you can't do it right before serving, make sure you put them into the fridge immediately.
Traditional Chocolate CupCake|the CupCake Recipes
thecupcakerecipes.com
Ingredients:
1 stick of Butter, best at room temperature
1 1/4 C. of Sugar
2 Eggs, room temperature
3/4 C. Flour
1 t. Baking Powder
1/4 t. Salt
1/2 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (spend that extra cash for the best cocoa powder - you will not regret it)
1/2 C. Whole Milk
1 t. Vanilla
Method: Preheat oven to 375 degrees, then turn it down to 350 just before baking
1. Beat the butter with an electric mixer until it is soft, then add sugar. Beat about 3 minutes.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time beating until they are well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk them to incorporate them.
4. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar and beat it just to combine. Add 1/2 of the liquids (milk & vanilla), scrape down bowl and beat to combine. Continue adding the dry and wet ingredients alternately making sure you don’t have any more dry.
5. Fill muffin tins 2/3’s of the way and bake for about 20-22 minutes. Allow to cool, then frost.
Makes 12 to 14 cupcakes
Love, Jacquie

1 comment:
What are you doing to me winnie! Seriously could there be any more deadly/heavenly combination than cheese and chocolate? I think not.
Post a Comment