»

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Flirting With My Grandma!!!!

Thursday evening I had to go set up a quilting frame for a regional singles service project. I recruited my grandmother (since she is the "humanitarian queen!!") to help me get the supplies, truck the quilt frame over, and get it all set up for service project. Everything was going as planned....that is until we got to the church house. As soon as we arrived, a very nice gray haired man noticed me and my grandmother unloading the truck. He immediately came over and offered to help out. As we entered the gym and started to set up another kind man came over to help. The first man continued to offer his services but started to make "cute" little comments to my grandmother....I was wondering why. Then I looked down and realized that she had forgotten to wear her wedding ring (she had been working outside that day). Of course, grandma assumed this older gentleman was just being "friendly," but I knew otherwise!!! As the setting up continued, his smooth sweet lines continues. He even started calling her "grandma" since I was. This really rubbed me the wrong way. I started to feel uncomfortable.....I wanted to yell, "HEY, SHE IS MARRIED AND ALMOST 80--you old fart!!!! When my grandma left, to go back to the truck to pick something up, I brought up the fact that she was turning 80 in August and how she is often mistaken for my mother. The man's reply was, "Oh, that is young." I was flabbergasted! Luckily, my grandma came back and said she wasn't planning on sticking around but would come back and pick me up later. I was relieved. No one is to mess with my grandma! ;-)
Later that night, my grandma said that those men were all too old for me but really nice and friendly....
"YEAH," I thought, "nice and friendly!"....little does she know!!!

No comments: