I have had very mixed feelings these last few days...more emotional than most years. Today was the last day of school....if you can call it a "day." The kids were only able to be in my class for about an hour and a half...not enough time for everything that needs to get done accomplished!
For those of you who really know me, you know how attached I get to "my kids." This year, "my kids" found a very special place in my heart and, as I sit here with tears streaming down my face, I realize that I am going to really miss those crazy face, those fun personalities, those kids who loved deeply and worked so very hard! Each one so different from the rest, yet they were a great combination together! They let me mold them, tutor them, correct them and love them. They were always so willing to try. They trusted and allowed me to help! They didn't give up; they would try again and again every time I asked them to--a lesson which I need to learn better! They truly gained a love for learning (my biggest goal for the year) and were--for the most part--so easy to teach!! We laughed together and made tons of memories together! Due to them, I was excited to go to school every day this year!
I am also going to miss the amazing parents I was able to meet and work with this year! I created friendships that I hope will last a lifetime and beyond! Moms who came in weekly to give of their time, talents and energy to help better our class! Parents who supported events, homework and me! What a great year it really has been!
Yet, now it has ended. Another year will start, another set of "my kids" will begin...but the funny thing is, those kids will never leave my heart! They haven't in the past, they won't in the future! All of "my kids" have stamped their "print" on my life and I will never be the same because of them! I am so grateful for the profession I am in; it may not pay in gold and silver, but it sure teaches me those things money can't buy! I will surely miss "my kids"...I love them so dearly....even with gum necklaces!!!
How could I not love these cute kids:
Yesterday, the last "full" day of school, we had some fun together. I decided to put on "background" music while they were working on a bug project. The CD had a bunch of "kids dance music" and after a few songs I jokingly got up and started to dance a bit. The kids just stared at me! They didn't know what to think. Then, with a little encouragement, and a few more songs you can see what happened. I couldn't stop laughing. They were so fun to watch.
Kids are the best!!
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Now I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face! You have truly been a blessing to my sweet daughter. You have been a blessing to me. I look forward to a great and long friendship with you! Thanks for everything.
I'm glad there are teachers like you and I sure hope my kids get one like you and not me... because I know I wouldn't be crying about the last day of school!
I'm happy you had such a great class. It makes life so much easier to when you like the people you work "for."
Post a Comment