WELL....to be more honest....I was also afraid that if I took off the plastic covering the shade would end up dirty, since we installed the lamp prior to purchasing our new dinning room table and the lamp could be touched by individuals visiting.
So finally, after having the dinning room table moved in, having returned from my family reunion, and deciding that I could take the plastic covering off at 6:00 am (because I have a moment before running off to school) I removed the cover.
This is what it should have looked like:
This is what ours looks like:
I literally had to hold back the tears!
Actually on more than one occasion I have had to hold back my tears.
I love this lamp! It looks perfect where it is located. I even purchased specific material for my new roman shades to match this lamp. :'-(
I have tried to pop the dent out but it quickly returns as soon as I let go. I finally forced myself to concluded that it will just have to have "character," be turned a certain direction to minimize the visibility of the dent, and that I needed to get over it and move on with my life.
So I did......that was until last night.
Last night I opened my newly purchased lamp that had arrived from Lamps Plus a few days ago only to discover that the shade has two stains on it and a glass piece is shattered (The new lamp is similar to the above light fixture I had purchase off Overstock.com.....and since it will be in close proximity to the above lamp I purchased it immediately and was anticipating its arrival).
I had bought the new light from Lamps Plus on their sales website and was told that "all sales are final." They didn't indicate to me that the product might possibly be broken when it arrives??? So that was the straw that broke my back (well probably the lack of sleep, high work demands, house that is not clean, etc as well :-) ). I decided that even though Lamps Plus stated that all sales are final on the package I was going to call and see if anything could be done. I also decided to call Overstock.com as well (why I hadn't thought of that before is surprising). Of course both of their costumer service were closed (it was 11:00 pm when I finally got home from school and started to open up the lamp--and midnight when I called).
What to do.....I went to bed.....deflated.
However, this morning I woke up and started to get ready to go to school. I need to spend the entire day at school....and then some, but I decided I had to first call Lamps Plus and Overstock.com first to see what options I had.
Unfortunately, I got the two mixed up. While talking with Overstock.com I described the damages of the Lamps Plus light fixture. The kind man tried to understand what the heck I was talking about but finally concluded that he would send me out a new lamp. I was elated! I wouldn't have to look at the nasty stained shade and broken piece. :-)
I then called Lamps Plus only to discover their customer service center is only open Monday through Friday.
I then started to blog about the wonderful way Overstock.com had treated me and that I was so excited to get a new light fixture (thinking I was talking about the Lamps Plus light fixture). It was while I was blogging and trying to retrieve photos that I discovered my mistake. I was so embarrassed. Overstock.com had no need to send me a completely new light fixture! I immediately called them back and confessed my mistake. The cute young girl told me that it was not a problem but that they would just sent me out a new shade. :-) I literally choked up---literally---talk about feeling dumb! When she told me I could have a new shade and that she would hope in the future I would call immediately with any problems I literally choke up and couldn't speak. I couldn't get the thank you out without sounding like I was sobbing (please realize I am completely sleep deprived and stressed out with school starting and that this is not normal for me). I am sure she thinks I am a bit out there.....but I don't care at this point.....I get a NEW SHADE! I can wait to get the shade replaced!
I even got more wonderful news when I recalled up Lamps Plus to talk to a sales rep. to see if she could let me know what my options were (at least I am hoping what she said is true) When talking with her I was told that I would have to call Monday to talk to the customer service center but that she was pretty sure the lamp would probably just be replaced regardless if it was a "all sales are final" product. :-)
Happy days!
I love when companies stand up and make things better!
Now I just have to call Monday and wait for the new light shade to come!
Now back to school!



No comments:
Post a Comment