»

Monday, August 1, 2011

LIGHTS, LIGHTS, & MORE LIGHTS

What to do, WHAT TO DO???????

So, I am having this inner dilemma on what to purchase??????

You see, last week my sister sent me two amazing light options for my new home. I have been looking for a "fresher" look than how my home is currently decorated (and how I have been decorating my space for the past 10+ years) and decided to send her a sample of what I was thinking about getting:

(The problem with this light is that it cost $231.00.......which is out of my current budget for one light)

My fabulous sister then went online and sent me two great options for me to look at that were so much more affordable (see the 2 samples below):

Option #1:

Option #2 :



The options were so great that I found myself torn between which of the two options I should purchase for my home....since I LOVED them both!!!!!

In the end I decided to purchase the light that was "returnable" (option #1). I felt that if I was going to buy a light off the internet I would prefer having the option of returning it if it didn't work out (I still get nervous about buying anything off the internet--I know I need to get over it already but I can't for some reason). I also had an idea of what option #1 "really looks like" since my sister-in-law had a similar one installed in her home a month or so before.

(see light above dinning table in picture below. My brother and sister-in-law have a beautiful home!):


In addition to the above reasons, I also learned that my sister actually had purchased option #2. With this knowledge I decided that I could wait until she got it into her home and could give me the "low down" on what it was like.

Well, today she sent me the finished product:


SO CUTE!!!!

I'M IN LOVE!

It looks SO great in her home!


Now what do I do?

Do I purchase another light?
I am thinking YES! :-)

Which color should I go with?

Aqua blue
(that would be fun and bring color into my kitchen)
or

Cream

(to match the other light I just purchased)
?


Oh, I guess I had better ask Shay first....right????

I need School to start ASAP....so I won't have any more time to think of new things to do to my home :-)


1 comment:

Ilene said...

Man, your sister is awesome.

Go aqua blue for sure. The pix of my home were taken with my phone and so the color is a bit darker than real life. There is a touch of green to the aqua shades and with the white trim around the edges of the shades and the white cords, it will tie in with your other light fixture that your fantastic sister found just fine.

The risk of going cream is if the two fixtures' shades don't really match and I think that look far worse than a color and cream combo. You don't have to go aqua if you don't want to. Go for one of those other prints or colors.