»

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Some Days Are Just Like That

"It's a no good very bad day!"

I am sitting here in our office wondering why I can't get myself to go back into my classroom to get started for school. I know I need to get over there! I know I need to start the million plus things I do every year to get my classroom ready for my cute new 1st graders who become so dear to me....and yet I am struggling to find the energy. I want to go but I don't want to go?!?! Does that make sense?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE teaching and am so excited for this new school year to start......it's just that --at least this is what I have concluded---- I started summer school the week after school ended, I've been tutoring 4 kids this summer to help with the bills since we had double everything in June and July, I was asked to attend a week long development class at the end of June and therefore I think my poor brain has been fried! I am not factoring in the fact that I have sold a home, moved into a new home, have been trying to paint and fix up the new one, attend family activities, spend time with friends, etc.

In the past...by this time I am bored to death and dying to get back into the swing of school. This year I haven't had a chance to breath and school is already going to be starting?!?!?!
I know it will all work out, it always does.

....like it did two years ago when I had summer school, wedding, additional jobs and multiple classes....
but that doesn't mean at this minute I can't feel a bit overwhelmed and have a desire to just want to sit down and cry!

"Just Keep Swimming" .......right! :-)



Great, now I feel much better.....

high ho, high ho, it's off to work I go!


I really wouldn't have it any other way!


No comments: