The Distant Hours by Kate MortonMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Still debating on how to rate this unusual book (not sure if I really want to give it a 3.5). This was my first exposure to Kate Morton and am wanting to read others written by her. Her voice is like none other I have read. She flips times, views and events often and at time a bit too rapidly, yet I found myself completely engrossed in knowing how the times and events collided. While reading this book I would often get so frustrated with the amount of details she weaved throughout its pages (similar to reading Tolkien) yet I devoured the book in two days because I couldn't put it down. I was grateful for the amount of twists and turns that occurred that sucked me right into the storyline. Give the book at least 100 pages and see if you to get sucked into the unusual, sad and haunting story.
View all my reviews

No comments:
Post a Comment