Today we had a faculty meeting and were informed that the district is cutting 7% of its budget and will be cutting another 10% next year.....translation:
1. No pay raises (oh well, that is not abnormal....I have worked for Alpine School district for 10 years and I have only seen our salary scale change about 3 times)
2. Supply budgets are going to be slashed to almost nothing for sure (great, I spend so much on my classroom already with supply money.....I am going to be paying to work instead of being paid to work!!!!). I don't know of many other professions that require their workers to provide their own supplies to complete their work.
3. Insurance coverage is most likely going to be cut back or literally dropped (that will be so nice since we are paid so much as teachers in the first place!)
4. They are looking at cutting an hour out of my work day (which will be about a 6,000 dollar decrease in salary a year).
I guess the only good thing is that it looks like......at least at this point......I will have a job next year! Too bad my condo will be done just in time for the money crunch!!!!! If they do drop my hours, cut insurance and do not compensate for the insurance cut....maybe I might be able to qualify for food stamps....
hey, but I have a job ;-)
Times are definitely tight and crazy!!!!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That sucks. But President Obama is going to save the world, right?
We find out about Dan's job tomorrow. Blech.
Utah seriously treats their teachers like slaves! You teacher deserve so much more.
Post a Comment