While we were in the basement (at grandma's 80th birthday), enjoying the tremendous talent found within our family, I turned to my grandma and asked her if she would sing the song her mother (Nanny...as us grandkids affectionately called her) would often sing to us when we visited. It was a song that always made me laugh. After she sang Nanny's song see sang, "The Witch Is In The Cellar." This was a song she taught us grandkids when we were little. I am so glad I have it recorded!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are going to love having that on video! You are so lucky you still have your grandma. Mine grandmas both passed away a few years ago within six months of each other. Remember Grandma Martha? Anyway, I remember singing Say, say oh playmate with you when we were little. Didn't your grandma teach you that song too?
Jackie, What a great memory! Yes my grandmother taught you that song. That was my grandma Winward...she passed away when I was 8 I think. I totally remember Grandma Martha....she would always crack me up!
Oh yeah! I do remember your Grandma Winward! I love that song and I sing it to my girls. I remember singing it with you in your backyard.
Post a Comment