I ran across this article and could really relate. I remember someone else playing until all hours of the night and all day on the weekends! It was after reading this article, and remembering my own personal heartaches, that I decided it is extremely important to be aware of the addictive nature of certain video games and then place time limits on oneself.
Now, don't get me wrong.....I don't believe video games are bad....they kept my brothers and I close during some difficult/lonely times....and they were not even aware of it...but I have also experienced a very similar experience found in the following article and can relate.
So my personal advise (not that it matters).....ix that I would caution anyone who plays games like World of War Craft to make personal time limits one oneself and to remember that living people are so much more important!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/wedding-woes-the-dark-side-of-warcraft/1186366
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So funny, Dan was saying that we need to get this device that you lock onto the cord of a video game machine or computer. Anyway, you set a timer and when the time is up the device turns off. Of course we don't have any children to regulate but rather Dan himself!
Well I think you know how I feel on this one. I don't think it is a bad outlet if its every once in awhile. But when it starts to regularly interefere with daddy/kid time or couple time its too much. John hardly plays anymore but he did play with Paul the other night.
Post a Comment