»

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break in Chicago

Under construction ;-)

Want Shay to be able to see pictures....so I am posting this.....but it isn't done so don't read yet ;-)



I have always loved going home for spring break! When my family lived in Diamond Bar, California, it was not only a chance for me to spend time with them....but also an escape from the drab Utah weather that seems to always plague this state at this time of the year! Now that my parents have moved to Chicago, it is definitely not an escape from the weather ;-) but is a wonderful chance to spend time with family and see many wonderful things that I have never seen before. My parents have spoiled me rotten with much loved museum trips, concerts, Chicago deep dish pizza, exploring new and amazing restaurants, and many other FABULOUS adventures (Thanks Mom and Dad---you both are the best!!). This year was no exception! It was even more fun having Shay come out and be spoiled together!
Friday night, as I proceeded to the baggage claim to pick up my suitcase, I found out that my parents had accidentally gone to the Midway Airport instead of the O'hare Airport where I was at. This gave me a wonderful chance to chat with Mark and Allison on the phone while my parents quickly drove the 30 plus minutes it takes to get to O'hare. We all had a good chuckle.
Saturday, my mother and I went shopping. We were gone all day. Found some wonderful things for my upcoming wedding.
Sunday was stake conference, which I wrote about already.
Monday and Tuesday was a repeat of Saturday....unfortunately the weather was so cold!!!
Wednesday I went to humanitarian with my mother and helped quilt quilts. I was able to finish tying two toddler quilts---very exciting! That night Shay flew in. I was so excited to have him in Chicago.
Thursday, my mother surprised Shay and me with a surprised bridal shower. It was Shay's first shower. Friends and family friends were able to come over and meet Shay and spoil me. It was really fun! Thanks mom!!


TO be continued.....I need to get to bed!

Thursday, after the shower (I am sad I didn't think to take any pictures of the shower!!), my mother suggested we go down to the river walk in Naperville and take a few pictures. We were toying with the idea of hiring someone to take our engagement pictures out in Chicago....since I am a bit worried that we won't be able to get them done in time for our wedding.....
Well, I was quite skeptic. You see, my mother has an awful reputation of taking crazy pictures among our family members....but I thought, what the heck, won't loose anything.
Well, you will see below the best of the best that I could find amongst the many pictures. I was very proud of my mother though, there were only about a 1/2 of a dozen pictures with only legs and arms...I love you mom ;-)

We started at the bridge. I would love to have my engagement picture taken here. There is something really cool about a bridge. Maybe because it looks like a journey is about to begin.

Here, my mother didn't quite get us in focus but we did get an additional man as a bonus in our picture ;-)


It stinks that I am 7/8 inches shorter than Shay!! I love that he is 6'1"/6'2" I just wish I wasn't trying to hit 5'4"


After an enormous amount of pictures were taken at the bridge, I said we needed to move on. We walked along the river walk and ran into this sculpture. I think it is so cool.


Well, I didn't like this picture because you can see me standing on the curb, hoping to elevate myself to a reasonable level.



Then we thought we should go to the other side.....bad idea, the sun was way too bright...plus, my mother wasn't quite able to get the whole sculpture into the picture.


So we then decided to venture to the other side of the river walk. My mother suggested we take this picture....with the "lovely" background and all. Maybe this will be a great picture to blow up at my funeral...heehee....since everything behind us is DEAD!!!!


This was one of our more brillant ideas. Hey, let's sit in the tree. Does this not scream, WE NEED A PROFESSIONAL'S HELP!!


My mother finally figured out the zoom on my camera and got some really close ups.


Too bad the sun is so bright....


We are starting to look like we have perma-grins on ;-)
Although I do love this picture of Shay.


I wish his beautiful blue eyes can be seen better!!! I am not kidding, his eyes are gorgeous!!!


Love this man!



I love this picture of Shay!!! Isn't he such a cutie! We are actually laughing at my mother, who still can't figure the camera out yet!!


Can you tell we are done smiling?!?!


So long, farwell......no more pictures!! Yippy!!


That night we went with my parents to the Chicago Temple. We had a great time. The temple truly is an amazing place!


I love to go there and enjoy the peace and joy that is found within!


Dad wanted to take us all out to celebrate our engagement.























2 comments:

Jamie said...

It looks like you had a great time over Easter break. I am really happy for you and Shay. I miss seeing you and I am glad you are doing so great.

Cynthia said...

you guys are such a cute couple...i don't think i told you that before. love the pics of just you and shay...very photogenic couple!