»

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Mom's Christmas Extravaganza!

For those of you who know my mother you are well aware of how beautiful and extravagant her home becomes during the Christmas season!

This year was no exception! She definitely has an amazing talent of knowing how to put things together and adding the right touches to create something wonderful...just like her mother....not sure if I have inherited that skill yet...have to have a home to adorn first ;-) ....but I sure hope so!

Anyway, I thought I would post some of the beautiful things that were titivating every nook and cranny of her home this year!





The fun thing about my mother's home is that it is always different every Christmas!

















The front room tree this year had a Victorian theme to it.








It was very pretty!

















Flowers, Santa, bird cages, angels, even peacock feathers trim this tree!


Next we move to the front entry area.

This is new this year!


The famous bonsai Christmas tree (my grandmother made up years ago for a Christmas tree decorating contest) had an ice theme this year....


Mom placed it on a huge mirror. When the lights are on the lights not only reflect off all the beautiful ornaments but also the mirror! It is so pretty lit up!




The next tree is my mother's "pencil" tree. She calls it her kitchen tree. If you look closely you can see ornaments hanging from the tree with Santa's face painted on them. My uncle Talt made these. He literally gathered branches from his backyard, carved out Santa faces on each and then painted them! He also sent a larger head that mom placed on the fireplace...you will be able to see it later on. Talt is so talented! I think they are so cool!


Isn't this ornament cool!


Here is the pictures of the family room....





On to the Grandma's kitchen...




Finally, a few pictures from the dining and front room.




Jewels were a new addition to the house this year as well! If you look close you can see red jewels and glass looking snowflakes on the runner...they were also on the window ledges.




It is always fun to go home at Christmas time to see what is new! It also gives the house such a welcoming Christmas feeling! It was beautiful this year mom! Thanks for creating so many fond memories, I love you!

2 comments:

Ilene said...

I still don't know how she does it. I'm exhausted after setting up my village!

Oh, put my name on those Talt ornaments! :)

Win said...

You know I already wrote my name on pieces of masking tape and put them on the backs of each ornament ;)