It is said that "there's a sucker born every minute" and I happened to be one of them. June was the month of being “suckered!” The story starts when I naively went to the Distribution Center and found myself getting "talked" into buying 30 movies by the sweet little old lady at the behind the counter. Seriously, this is exactly what happened:
I went to the checkout counter to purchase some new unmentionables and she asks if I need to renew my Ensign subscription. Of course, I needed to since it ended in May.....so I quickly thanked her for the suggestion and filled out the renewal. Then, as she rang me up, she shows me the movie ---The New Testament (I think that is the title--ok that is scary since I own 30 of them now). It is the movie that was at the Legacy Theater about the Book of Mormon---fabulous film. Anyway, I decided I would buy a few for my siblings for Christmas (4.50 a piece)...this is where the sweet talking little old woman comes in…..I hand her 5 movies, she then proceeds to explain if I buy 30 in a box I get the movies for 1.50. She explains that I can give them to members of my family for Christmas, I could give them out as gifts instead of Christmas card and be a missionary, I could hand them out to the people I teach at Church. Wow, she was so convincing...a serious sales lady. She even did the math in front of me, indicating for the price of 5 videos at normal 4.50 price I can actually have 15. I quickly called my mother to see if she had the movie....no, and thought it was a great idea to get them for my siblings for Christmas. The only problem was (and is) I don't have 30 siblings!!! Unfortunately, I was a SUCKER for a deal and the sweet kind old lady won out. I now own 30 movies and am in the selling market ---I still don't have 30 siblings and I can't afford not to sell the rest....and need to get back some of the 45 dollars + tax it cost me to purchase them----UGH! WHAT A SUCKER I AM!!
So, if any of you would like to buy the movie (or know anyone who would like to buy it) for 1.50---I have plenty! it is a great movie and it will save you 3 dollars---and me 25 movies in my video library ;-)
Suckered in by the sweet little old lady at the Distribution Center......man I thought I would never be in a predicament like I am now.........in the video selling market!! :-(
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment