»

Monday, October 10, 2011

Things that make me think...

So on Facebook today my Aunt Kelly posted the above quote.

I stopped and read it over a few times.

I really think it is profound.
Often times I find that the more I get to know someone their "reputation" isn't always correct, nor the way I thought they were. I then became extremely grateful to all those in my life who have taken the time to see me for me. Even if that meant enduring the fact that I am way less than what they thought I was or should be.

Then as I pondered the thought further I became extremely grateful that it is my Savior who will be judging me when my life ends because I know that He sees ones heart and not their "reputation" or the misinterpretation of others.

I hope to be more like Him every day so that I can be sure that I am seeing the real character of another person and not merely a "reputation" given to me by others or an incorrect thought of a person I conjured up myself!.

Thanks Aunt Kelly for making me think deeper on my life, my Savior, and helping me strive to become a better person!