In class today I had the children pretend they were a turkey during the Thanksgiving season. I asked them to write their potential buyers a note to try and avoid being eaten. The following are my all time favorites (thus far--I still have about 1/3 of my students still working on them). Please remember they are only 6/7 years old. I am copying their exact works so hopefully you can read them--we are trying in first grade!!!
1.
Dear To whom it may concern,
Hello my name is Clark the turkey. I'm super glad that Thanksgiving is comeing. But you would not want to buy me because I have the swine flu. P.S. buy me next year. Love Caden H--.
2.
TO Whom It May Concern, Hi my name is Pizza turkey and I am so exided for Thanksgiving! but insted how abowt you eat sum candy insted! because cool pepol eat candy. love, Pizza
3.
Dear Whom It May Concern. Hi my Name is Cornshoe. I have swolod a shoe. And corn. I was looking forword to being eated so I am so so SO sory!
Love Corn shoe.
4.
Dear to whom may Concern. my name Is Ben. I have a vere bad cold. If you get me for tanksgiving dinr. I mit giv you a vere bad cold so I am vere sore gud luk.
5. (all time favorite)
Dear to Whom it may concern
Hi my name is dog turkey guees what I have the chikine poks and I have a thin bodie and I smell like a pig thats why you dont whant to buy me thank you Love dog turkey
It is work like this that keep me in first grade!! How I love a good chuckle!

2 comments:
That is HILARIOUS! That is a great writing activity. The swine flu one whasmy favorite!
That is cute. What a fun assignment!
Post a Comment