»

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Favorite Halloween Costumes

Every year at school, we have a Halloween parade. Unlike the Halloween parades I participated in when I was a little girl, our Halloween parade consists of every child marching through every classroom, down every hall and through a gym bursting with parents (the gym part is my favorite....it is set up in such a way that I have to walk my class through a literal "run way" as parents stare at you--UGH!).
Anyway, as my class and I watched the other classes march through our classroom, I found myself laughing out loud. Some kids were so cute, some extremely scary and some out right creative in their choice of costume.

My top three choices were....

#3 -Blind ref. At first I saw this little kid walking through and thought, "Oh, a ref...." but then the cane came into view, then his acting as if he truly were blind.....the irony made me bust out laughing!



#2 Costume.....The outhouse. This not only was one of my top choices in costume, it also was the largest costume I have ever seen! The message on the door reads "Dangerous gases, KEEP OUT!" Unfortunately, I was not able to capture the toilet paper coming out the sides and the detail on this sucker.
When trying to enter the classrooms, this poor kid had to literally ram himself through the door. He was unable to go into my classroom since I had a string attached to my door that raised and lowered a scary mask.....it was hilarious watching him try to enter and exit each classroom.


#1 costume......diver being eating by a shark. This one had me in stitches. Since I had to overcome my fear of being eaten by a shark when certifying in scuba diving, this one grabbed at my heart. It was so cute! The bottom was all shark.....I thought this was so creative!!!

Runner up, "Hoop Head." This poor kindergarten student had to walk around the entire school with this heavy thing on her head. It was clever though!




Of course, the cutest costumes go to my students, of course! Many witches this year and Hanna Montanas.
Check out the Luigi.....His mom sewed the hat and shirt....the overalls are ski bibs. I thought it was so cleaver!
Most creative award, for my classroom, went to the Wii controller! His face is the A button. The kids thought it was the coolest costume ever....now there is a costume to remember. Only problem was he couldn't sit down without having to take it off!

It was definitely a very fun Halloween!!!!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Those were funny! Halloween is so fun at school! I saw a kid dressed like Alfalfa and he had highwaters on. It was so funny! What did you dress up as?

Win said...

Look below Jackie and you can see what I was :-)

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

We made our blog private, let me know an e-mail so I can send you an invite. I think I have it, but I am not sure it is the right one.
sharbee40@hotmail.com

Ilene said...

Those are some dedicated moms.

Bravo to them.